Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Stuff

Want to know why I can’t stand NASCAR? Here is a good reason for you.

Yes, saluting our veterans is always a good thing. But watch how quickly the Florida (figures) crowd pivots from recognizing Sgt. Andrew Berry to performing the truly gutless act of booing First Lady Michelle Obama and Second Lady Dr. Jill Biden (not really loud, but the boos are there).

Hey, if you don’t like the politicians, that’s one thing. If the President and/or Vice-President had been in attendance and they had been booed…well, that would have been a stretch, but I might have understood it. But booing the wives, who weren’t elected to a damn thing??

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! (and do I really need to ask what the reaction would be if this had happened to Laura Bush or Lynne Cheney?)...



...and here is my music dedication to the offending life forms.



Update: Oh, and by the way, I have to admit that I was shocked by Tweety’s performance on the season finale of “Real Time” recently, and I mean that in a good way; here is an excerpt, though he said other important stuff about the Cold War also (don’t worry – Andrew Sullivan was a total idiot and had nothing of consequence to bring to the discussion the whole night).

No comments: